“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”
One of the most worldwide questions people ask me via email is how to wilt increasingly of an optimist.
So this week I'd simply like to share three habits that can help you to get started with that.
I use these myself just well-nigh every day to stay optimistic in pretty much any situation.
It may sometimes take a while surpassing I find an optimistic thread of thought but these three habits usually help me to do it.
1. Ask yourself questions that let you see the optimistic viewpoint.
When I’m in what seems like a negative situation my most worldwide way of making something largest out of that is to ask myself questions that promote optimism and helps me to find solutions.
- What is one thing that is positive or good well-nigh this situation?
- What is one thing I can learn from this situation?
- What is one opportunity within this situation?
These questions are not something that I can unchangingly use right away. Sometimes I need some time to process and winnow the feelings and thoughts that arise.
But without a bit of time, when those thoughts and feelings have mostly passed, I ask myself one or increasingly of these questions.
2. Get optimistic support from the world virtually you.
One of the most important factors if you want to be worldly-wise to stay optimistic are the influences virtually you.
Optimism is – just like enthusiasm – contagious.
So find ways to create an environment that supports you.
The people in your life.
Try to spend increasingly time with optimistic people and less time with people who seem to unchangingly be negative well-nigh things.
Positive people will support you, add upbeat energy and can help you to find a constructive transpiration in perspective when you have a situation that is bringing you lanugo and when you are just making a mountain out of a molehill.
The information you let into your mind.
One of the easiest things you can do to create and support your own optimism is simply to regularly read blogs and books and listen to or watch recordings created by optimistic people.
3. Start your day in an optimism creating way.
The way you start your day often sets the tone for the rest of it.
A stress-free morning leads to less stress and largest focus during your day.
A work out early in your day leads to increasingly energy throughout the day.
And optimism while you are eating your cereal or traveling to work or school can help you to stay positive and constructive as you go through the ups and downs of your day.
Three practical ways to get this good start is to:
- Read or watch something optimistic or funny for 10-20 minutes during your morning.
- Have an uplifting conversation over breakfast or early in your day.
- Listen to a motivating audiobook or podcast as you ride the bus, your bicycle or while you're walking somewhere.