by Terry Heick
Have wits or ideas you’d like to share with your peers? Educators with specific wits or expertise can now submit wares for publication on TeachThought.com.
This is a non-exclusive contract position. You will be paid a fee for each vendible approved, but this is not ‘lucrative’ by any means. The goal of the platonic candidate would be to contribute to their voice to the conversation virtually the growth of innovative educators, while moreover broadening their expertise, expanding their professional learning network, contributing to their own portfolio, and bolstering their resume in the process.
Contractor Position Description
Create original content (primarily articles, essays, research summaries, quick videos, webinars, etc.) for publication on TeachThought.com and our social channels, newsletters, podcasts, and related platforms.
What You’ll Receive
1. The worthiness to grow as an educator by exploring new topics, projects, and ideas.
2. A stipend for all published content (amount depends on content, starting at $50).
3. A secure author’s page on TeachThought.com without you’ve published eight (8) articles, well-constructed with relevant social media info, etc. This page will remain until you’ve stopped producing at least one vendible every eight (8) weeks.
What You Don’t Need
1. A Ph.D., fancy title, or niche certification. These are all unconfined and would be useful, but there aren’t veritably necessary.
2. To think of yourself as a ‘writer.’ You only need to be worldly-wise to provide ideas and resources that help teachers grow. That’s it. These aren’t books, but quick snippets of things that 21st century teachers find useful.
3. A lot of uneaten time. 2-4 hours a month should be plenty to do at least one article. If you want to do more, you can, but it’s not required.
What You Do Need
1. A preliminaries in education of some kind ‘something to say’ (see #2 above)
2. An enthusiasm for learning and a growth mindset for what you do
3. Be scrutinizingly completely self-managed. We’ll provide topics and ideas and formats and other necessary info, but the rest will be on you to deliver. This is a contracted rather than ‘employed position.
4. The worthiness to create progressive content for progressive educators that is compelling, useful, and self-ruling from plagiarism, errors, and other things that make content—well, bad.
We will moreover provide feedback, and revisions may be necessary.
There are no guarantees that wares will be published. Only tried content will be published, and the tragedian will obviously only be reimbursed their stipend for published content.
All material will be TeachThought-owned intellectual properly, but may be used elsewhere on a case-by-case understructure with our approval. (There are moreover no guarantees here—it just depends.)
The worthiness to do formal research, light graphic design, video editing, social media work, and other skills would widen your misogynist tasks if interested, but is not required.
No promotion of individual platforms, apps, tools, organizations, etc., is towardly unless it is ‘teacher-centered’ and entirely organic/unprompted.
How To Apply
Email Terry Heick with the pursuit info:
Your name and contact info
One sample of writing (ideally well-nigh education content)
Current positions held elsewhere (if any)
What you’re passionate about: Critical thinking, inquiry, PBL, Google Classroom, technology, assessment, etc.
Anything else I need to know
I’ll review your submission, and contact you if I need remoter information.
TeachThought Accepting Applications For Contributing Writers